Friday, March 8, 2013

Top Ten Smart Phones


What Are the Top 10 Android Apps?

With over 100,000 Android Apps to choose from, working out your Top 10 Android Apps is no mean feat.
Top Ten Smart Phones
Ever since Apple introduced the concept of the easily accessible, user-friendly apps, smart phone ownership has never been such fun. Now the idea of smart phone apps is no longer the exclusive domain of the Apple kingdom. In addition, with the introduction of Windows Phone 7, the Smart phone App market is burgeoning.
The beauty of Android Apps is the fact that the Android operating system is open source. Google were very astute here, allowing the creativity of bedroom developers to shine through, and although Android Apps have some way to go before they reach the 280,000 plus apps for Apple, there are plenty to choose from.
1. Gmail and Google Calendar
Since Android is a Google application, Gmail works seamlessly, as one might expect.
2. Tweet Deck
I have Friend Stream, but I believe that is a HTC phone app which converges status updates from Facebook and Twitter. You can also update your status to all your accounts directly with one single update.
3. Goggles
So this is one of those fun, but surprisingly practical apps from Google Labs. It searches by pictures, take a picture and then it does a Google search based on the analysis of that photograph.
4. WordPress
It allows for multiple blogs, and is easy to switch between them.
5. Evernote
Evernote is like an online note pad, where you can save website clippings, notes and photos. This application allows you to take photos, write notes or even record audio notes and upload them to your Evernote account. It does require an Evernote account, which is free to sign up to www.evernote.com
6. Tomcat
It was one of the first apps on my phone when I discovered it in the Android Apps Market. Click the milk icon and he drinks milk.
 7. YouTube
It delivers YouTube in a user-friendly and accessible way, and will link automatically with your account if you have a Gmail account, so you can access your channels and videos very easily.
8. Google Maps
9. Amazon Kindle
While a phone is probably not the best device to read "War and Peace", Amazon Kindle is brilliant for being able to buy and read books from Amazon on your Smartphone. The pages flick past nicely, and it works well.
10. Last FM

Smarter Than The Average Bear, But Dumber Than My Smart Phone

There comes a time in everyone's life, when the newest technology surpasses ones ability to figure it out (well, easily at least). I can remember picking up working a VCR and tape player pretty easily (of course, they were very easy, they had like five buttons). Well my friends, I hate to say it but I have hit that age.
I made the leap yesterday and bought a smart phone. I made all the right rationalizations. "I'll be able to blog while I'm not even home." I bought a Droid X. This smartphone was gonna make my life so much easier. It might even save my life. I might get lost in the wilderness, and not know which plants were safe to eat, and I bet there is an app for that (if you had phone service, you wouldn't be lost in the woods, dummy).
WTF? I figured even if the extras took a little time to figure out, I'd be able to call a contact, or send a text message relatively simply. If I go into contacts, my damn Facebook and twitter people are mixed in with the contacts I used to have. Like "DROID. DROID. Ahhhh. I'm getting owned by a smartphone.
It's like going from reel to reel straight to an Ipod. Like going from figuring out how a women's sexual parts work to...., wait, that's hard enough (maybe there's an app for that). They decided they were totally going against what they did for every other piece of technology that my generation has watched come to life, and gave it less buttons (How am I supposed to work a phone that doesn't at least have 12 buttons, or a rotary? It's got 8 buttons. Uh, HELLO, there is 10 numbers!). I even attempted to get online, cause I figured I knew how to surf the web. I can't figure nothing out. Oh, and the apps. Need a flashlight? There's an app for that.
There's an app for that (seriously, there is. Wanna scan a barcode while at the store to find out if the product is cheaper somewhere else? Yup, app for that. Then you can GPS app your way to other store across town to save 15 cents. Small, medium, and large have gotten me this far in life...) whatever with some lowfat this, fatfree that, and some soy shit. Isn't your life so much better with a smartphone. And to think, before this damn phone you could have ignorantly paid the 15 cents and gotten home in time to catch Glee. I'll probably figure this damn thing out over time. Until then, I'll just hang my head in shame whenever I'm reminded who my daddy is....DROID







No comments:

Post a Comment